Friday, April 23, 2010

2010 Toyota Venza

This is a nice iteration of the modern station wagon. It's roomy, comfortable and has a fairly strong powerplant.

The interior is reasonably quiet, with just a little bit of noise seeping in on the expressway. The view of the road is nice, and the interior dials easy to read and colorful. I did think the heater/AC unit wasn't really intuitive. It seemed like I was always looking for what to push and then at another screen to see what was happening. I'm sure you'd get used to it though. There's also a ton of legroom and headroom in the second row, and the seats angle back for more comfort. I'm sure the kids would love that on a road trip. The cabin looks nice enough, but I wasn't wild about some of the materials.

The actual driving is fine for people hauling, but it won't thrill you. The brakes are a bit squishy and there's a lot of pedal travel before it really begins to bite. I wasn't a fan. Acceleration was more than adequate for expressway cruising, and it never felt underpowered to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment